Thursday 22 November 2012

Graphics: Evaluation

Oscar Wilson
  EVALUATION

Oscar Wilson

He is a calligram artist who is know for making objects out of words. To create my own oscar wilson t-shirt design i started to sketching a silhouette design related to surfing then fitted it with surfing words that linked to the surf project, once i was happy with how the words filled into my silhouette design i then went over it in a black liner and rubbed out the pencil outline of the design, i scanned my calligram into photoshop and cleaned it up a bit and then added colour into the section which i wanted.


The difference between mine and oscar wilson's work is that his work is obviously more accurately to the shape and his design and he's words fills the shape and more of his design. Whereas to my work the words are quite squareish and i still have some gaps within my words, i wasn't able to make this really look like a palm tree.

Oscar Wilson uses within his calligram random words that has no meaning but still links to the image, which i applied t my work by using surfing words such as: Beach, Dude, Bonzer, Awesome and more. I find his work really unique and creative being able to create an image out of words in such a bold and striking way.








No comments:

Post a Comment